|Patriarch Gregorios III, Patron of OLTV
- OLTV will mostly serve
the Byzantine Tradition (Melkite, Ukrainian, Ruthenian, Romanian, Italo-Greek, etc.), but also be open to other rites and
traditions of the Oriental and/or Latin Church.
- OLTV will help Christians who have emigrated
to remain in contact with their home traditions, liturgies, prayers, folklores, family and social environment.
- OLTV will bring all emigrated faithful together in a brotherly, deep open link, worldwide, with their mother Church
and with each other.
- OLTV will be a continuation of the pan-Byzantine and ecumenical initiatives
of the Orientale Lumen conferences and Eastern Churches Journal.
- OLTV will be a privately sponsored
initiative, under the direct patronage of His Beatitude Patriarch Gregorios III with an American Episcopal advisory board.
- OLTV will be open and available to all who support its goals and objectives.
- OLTV will
be a service for the entire Christian Church, and especially the traditions of the Eastern Churches.
OLTV will be a memorial of love and deep recognition of the late Pope John Paul II who wrote the 1995 Apostolic Letter
Orientale Lumen, revealing the contents of this letter in a modern context.
Jack Figel, Executive Producer